I’ve been accidentally posting things on this blog that should’ve been on my personal blog because I don’t pay attention to what blog I’m posting to when I’m using the mobile app.
Sorry. Hopefully some new Afloat pics to come by the week’s end, but we’ll see.
Cricket sketch in progress. I’d like to think I’m improving at posture and stuff, but I need to work on expressions a bit. It’s missing some OOMPH.
Let’s introduce the main characters of Afloat, from left to right:
- Mika, first mate of the Shooting Star.
- Cricket, the mainest of main characters. That smudge below her lip (sorry for bad pic quality) is a ta moko tattoo, not a goatee.
- Marisa, captain of the Shooting Star.
- Dunyasha (tall blonde). You can’t see here but she’s actually super buff. Like a bodybuilder. Times two.
- "George" is the 11-year-old with the prosthetic leg. Her real name is Gulzar.
- Chander is the only male crew member aboard the Shooting Star.
- Fahmida is George’s older sister.
The crew of the Shooting Star, WIP edition!
An attempt at a gijinka for Midoricon.
This is Farfetch’d, btw. It still needs work—possibly some feather patterns on the sleeves? Maybe some hand-wraps? IDK—suggestions are welcome, since this is the first Pokemon gijinka I’ve ever made.
They’ll be closed for who knows how long.
Turns out spending 9 hours a day in front of a computer as a graphic designer/illustrator makes you a bit unmotivated to spend your evenings working on the computer, so I’m going to complete the ones I’ve got in the works (if I’ve talked to you and agreed to take on your commission, it’s on my list), but I won’t take on any new ones for now. Also I may
or may not have a webcomic to work on, hopefully up in August. I’ll be tagging all WIPs and sketches for it with #afloat. There’s some text stuff about it on my personal blog already.
Thanks so much! Any questions, fan mail and ask box options are always open!
Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated! (I think it’s done?)
It’s sloppy and inconsistent, but it was good practice and I learned a few things about how to colour feathers… and how NOT to. There’s a lot of planning involved.
I used this picture as a reference.
So… I’ve updated my website a little, and you all should go and visit.
I heard it was Draw a Centaur Day.